A Florida destination wedding offers more variety than an island and is a lot easier to plan.There's a lot more to a Florida destination wedding than sand and sun. Most visitors never see more than one or two sides of Florida. They see the theme parks, a beach area, and that's it.
But what makes Florida such a great place for weddings and what this page is about is the variety of settings.....Different beaches have different atmospheres. We live here, have been to these places, and have a good feel for the ambiance each area provides.
On a basic level, wherever you are in Florida, there are places to go, things to see, and things to do. Compare that with a Caribbean island, where you're limited. In the Caribbean, very often, it's not safe to leave the hotel grounds - literally. You're stuck with the services and prices your hotel has.
Contrasting again with the Caribbean, a Florida destination wedding can be in an island atmosphere in the Keys or along a lazy river that leads to the ocean. And there's lots more.
- You can relax at luxury resorts on lush golf courses.
- You can find every imaginable accommodation at the most famous theme park in the world.
- True island atmosphere with the comforts of home can be found in the Florida keys.
- The metropolitan, chic beaches and towns stretching from Miami Beach to Palm Beach are full of outdoor cafes, yachts for receptions, and beautiful people.
- The wealthy, manicured, and understated towns and beaches of Naples and Marco Island offer upscale peace.
- If you want a laid back atmosphere with no high rises and quiet beaches, try Sanibel and Captiva Islands.
- Family style beaches from Ft. Myers to Clearwater offer lots to do if you'll have lots of people at your Florida destination wedding.
- You'll find riverside towns more reminiscent of the bayou than of Florida as you make your way north along the west coast to the panhandle.
- The panhandle is our pick for the best combination of beautiful beaches, picture perfect beach towns, activities, and family atmosphere.
Florida Destination Wedding Locations
Check this page regularly for our growing list of Florida wedding locations, including many that the average visitor never gets a chance to see. Once you've picked your location, check out our beach wedding ideas page for beach wedding theme ideas, beach wedding decorations, beach wedding favors, and lots of other pages related to beach weddings.
Destin, Florida destination wedding Most visitors don't even know about this place. Yet, it has one of the nicest resort areas, nicest surrounding beach towns, and nicest beaches in Florida.
Seaside, Florida destination weddings A picture perfect beach town, you've probably seen this place if you've been to the movies. But it's no Hollywood set. This town is as perfect as it looks on the big screen.
Sanibel Island Weddings If you want peace, quiet, the beach, and a perfect view, you may want to look into this spot for your Florida destination wedding.
Destination weddings along a lazy river. The Atlanta and Tennessee crowd is starting to notice this hidden vacation spot. But it's still hidden enough to make a perfect spot for a country wedding along a lazy river.